Mavericks of light
Within a sweet vapoured tide
Of chaos so steep


20.10.14

tamedmundane

I keep my head down
Walk brisk
Squeeze my eyelids tight
Internalizing whats inevitably fleeting.
I push my sight into the periphery
Holding onto the fading impressions of light
glistening through New York City fog

Such pain, to leave
So I'm pushing it away
Curled toes under white sheets
Brimmed hats to aid denial
Pretending I'm not here
Clutching onto reveries

The boredom of my eyes and heart is settling in fast
Like the blood which coagulates from a refreshing cut even when you don't want it to
Releasing the tension
And when it dries, I'm really just here now
Freshness slowly curdling
Into shades of grey
Hard steel and mist slowly shifting
Into plastic and perennial rain

That city never sleeps
Full of villains and creeps
Just the way I like it, the flavors actually been steeped
I'm drowning in mediocrity
The haze holds no allure for me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.